Home Page Stories
Rotary Foundation Global Grants Seminar:
If you want to change the human condition for the better, then engage in a Rotary Global Grant (GG). Rotarians are committed to serving others above self and GGs are designed to help accomplish this goal through helping to eradicate poverty, diseases, illiteracy and malnutrition with sustainable solutions that leave a lasting impact on individuals and communities worldwide (RF Goals). The Rotary Foundation is a source of monetary support along with the tools and staff to help get a GG up and running. This seminar will focus on using learning centered techniques to help engage participants in the learning process to deepen your understanding of what it takes to develop an idea into an actual grant and functioning project. We encourage you to register early so we can plan for the number of participants. Ask you club for support and the registration fee covers breaks, lunch and facility rental. The following is a brief outline of the day’s events:
- Location: Pima Community College Campus, 401 N. Bonita Ave, Tucson, AZ
- Registration from 8:30-9:00 with coffee and danish
- Morning sessions from 9:00-12:00 with morning coffee break.
- Key morning elements are What is a GG, How a GG works and Ideas for a GG
- Things You Can Trip On In Submitting a GG
- Financing of a Grant and What Works and Does Not Work.
- Lunch with Speaker
- 1:00-3:00 Drafting a Mock Grant with groups of 4-5 morning participants along with a group mentor.
The registration link will be posted soon.
ROTARY FOUNDATION DINNER
A dinner will be held November 5 at the University of Arizona Student Union with a featured speaker and presentations.
More information on registration and other details on the seminar and dinner will follow. Please save the date.
Sheryl L. Christensen
Installed as District Governor
Sheryl Christenson with District Governor Elect Joe Hentges
PDG Anne Fisher with Governor Sheryl